Beer Traffic Controller
The Beer Traffic Controller (BTC) is an engaged member of the team deeply-embedded in the business operations at the brewery. The BTC enables critical functions of the dynamic supply chain management system at Pelican Brewing Company., coordinating supply chain functions including procurement, scheduling, order fulfillment, logistics, inventory management and new product introduction.
- Lead our order management program to include order capture, order entry into ERP and adjustment of orders based on product availability or wholesaler inventory.
- Be our go to person for logistics, inventory, and operations; You know exactly what to do to bring order to chaos and ensure all things are running smoothly. We like that!
- Collaborate with teammates as you assist with purchase orders for materials and supplies, fleet management, determining trucking schedule based on customer orders, etc.
- Coordinate JIT operations of material transfer from 3PL providers and pub breweries.
- Keep your eye on effectively communicating with internal and external customers. You’ll consistently reach out to communicate what is going well and any issues or problems that need to be solved.
- Proactively monitor supply chain management KPIs and analyze data. You know that data tells a story and is key to efficient operations.
- Show off your passion and knowledge about craft beer and have fun participating in industry events such as tastings and new releases.
- Enjoy building strong relationships and taking care of each customer in the supply chain.Continue your professional growth by attending events and seminars to learn industry best practices.
Talents and experience you will leverage:
- Your education and certifications focused on supply chain management coupled with at least three years related experience
APICS or ISM certification
- Customer service, sales support, order management and procurement experience
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office with a focus on Outlook and Excel, ERP, MRP & CRM
- Strong problem solving skills- Independent, reliable, and self-motivated with a solid work ethic
This is a full-time position eligible for benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, vacation pay, 401K retirement savings plan, generous discount card, and car allowance. And let’s not forget about the benefit of joining a company that has terrific people and is growing in leaps and bounds!
Pelican Brewing Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and implements policies and practices that do not discriminate against applicants and employees. Drug free company and background check are required. This position requires that you have valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.