Chief Financial Officer
Our CFO provides executive leadership to our family of companies to include Pelican Brewing Company, Headlands Coastal Lodge and Spa, Stimulus Coffee and Bakery, Nestucca Ridge Development Group, and the Inn at Cape Kiwanda. In our growing family of companies, you’ll have an opportunity to design best practice, modern systems as you turn your smart, dynamic ideas into quantifiable results that will drive growth and move us forward. Lead a team of professionals and act as a trusted coach and mentor to relay your knowledge in finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles. A dynamic communicator who strives to keep everyone informed, you will optimize processes and communicate important financial information across companies and to the leadership team.
We are a creative and knowledgeable team, focused on building outside of the box rather than staying in bounds. A strong sense of community and support for one another’s interests is what we are about. Working hard and playing hard creates a rhythm to keep us in sync and at our best.
Pacific City is off the beaten path on a relatively undiscovered stretch of the majestic Oregon Coast. Cape Kiwanda, in Pacific City, enjoys a storied connection to the ocean, local rivers, beachfront and majestic outdoor playground. Surfing, kayaking, hiking, photography, beach-combing, and fishing are just some of the outdoor activities enjoyed in this beautiful beach town.
What you get to do
You will lead the team to design and implement best practice F&A operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
1. Join the executive team to form the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
2. Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
3. Develop financial and tax strategies
4. Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
5. Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
1. Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
2. Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
3. Lead accounting, investor relations, tax, and legal compliance initiatives
4. Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
5. Implement operational best practices
1. Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
2. Construct and monitor reliable control systems
3. Ensure that the company complies with F&A legal and regulatory requirements
4. Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
5. Report risk issues to owners and CEO
6. Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
We care about the health and well-being of our employees. As such, full-time year-round positions are eligible for our robust benefits package to include medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and employee discounts.