Executive Assistant to the CEO
“What shall we do today in order to get ready for tomorrow?” – Peter Drucker
The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. Our CEO provides executive leadership to our Family of Companies to include Pelican Brewing Company, Headlands Coastal Lodge and Spa, and the Inn at Cape Kiwanda. The Executive Assistant to the CEO provides high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests and representing the executive team. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
A day in the life:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the executive office, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the executive office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO appropriately updated in a manner that empowers department managers to lead initiatives.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of assigned special projects, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting business letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending meetings to take minutes.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings.
- Responds to requests from CK Advertising for materials regarding the CEO, members of leadership team, and the organization in general.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- History of implementing best practice administrative assistant systems
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Advanced level interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including employees, homeowners, investors, external partners, and community members.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Project management skills and experience
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
Pacific City is off the beaten path on a relatively undiscovered stretch of the majestic Oregon Coast. Cape Kiwanda, in Pacific City, enjoys a storied connection to the ocean, local rivers, beachfront and majestic outdoor playground. Surfing, kayaking, hiking, photography, beach-combing, and fishing are just some of the outdoor activities enjoyed in this beautiful beach town.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Accident Insurance, 401K Retirement Savings Plan with match, paid vacation and time off, a beautiful place to work with amazing people! Review the following websites for more details about our Family of Companies.