Our Recruiter plays a critical role in ensuring we are a magnet for top talent and live our value of ‘Hire the Best’. In this role you will partner with hiring teams to deliver all facets of recruiting success throughout our Family of Companies to include Headlands Coastal Lodge and Spa, Inn at Cape Kiwanda, and the award-winning Pelican Brewing Company.
Pacific City is off the beaten path on a relatively undiscovered stretch of the majestic Oregon Coast. Cape Kiwanda, in Pacific City, enjoys a storied connection to the ocean, local rivers, beachfront and majestic outdoor playground. Surfing, kayaking, hiking, photography, beach-combing, and fishing are just some of the outdoor activities enjoyed in this beautiful beach town.
What you get to do:
- Deliver an exceptional experience for candidates expressing interest in joining our team.
- Have fun designing new, creative recruiting ideas and demonstrate your expertise at both traditional and modern sourcing strategies. Our recruiting plans focus on both local and national talent markets.
- Research and develop strategy to improve recruitment of passive candidates.
- Participate in regularly connecting with qualified candidates in preparation for future employment opportunities.
- Build positive relationships with schools, lead fun and productive job fairs, and enjoy networking at craft beer, culinary, and lodging industry events.
- You appreciate that data tells a story; Analyze data on the Recruiting Matrix report and publish those results. Partner with hiring managers to set continuous improvement goals.
- Our business is growing! Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for approximately 50 key positions annually. Assist in hiring talent for approximately 300 summer seasonal positions.
- Hire and coordinate the process for J1 students, culinary externs, and traveling hospitality specialists.
- Shepherd candidates and hiring managers through the new hire process. Mind the details and ensure all required forms are accounted for.
- Assist payroll in maintaining accurate records in payroll system.
- Assist HR Director with benefits administration program.
- Enjoy being a part of the following project initiatives:
- Design and implement ATS
- Training managers and supervisors on ‘selection science’
- Update websites and social media
- Establish a recognizable employer of choice reputation
What matters most:
- Hospitality and craft brewing recruiting experience
- Expert level skills and knowledge of applicant tracking software systems
- Able to collect and interpret data-based measurements to demonstrate the effectiveness or failure of the recruitment system from position opening to onboarding
- We offer a flexible schedule. Must be available to:
- Regularly travel to Pacific City, Cannon Beach, and Tillamook
- Work career fairs on weekends and evenings
- Attend college visits, community events, and industry events
- Professional human resources certifications and advanced college experience a plus
This is a full-time, year-round position eligible for benefits. Flexible schedule. Benefits include paid vacation, 401K retirement savings plan, medical, dental, vision, accident insurance, paid time off, company discount card, and more. And let’s not forget about the amazing outdoor adventures that the Central Oregon Coast has to offer!