The Janitorial Technician has the important position of making sure the Pelican Pub & Brewery is tidy, clean and in good order. And is responsible for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the buildings and grounds. This is a full time hourly position.This full time hourly position requires 30 - 40 hours per week Thursday - Monday. Some holiday work may be required. The goal of the janitorial technician should be to reach a high enough level of performance that deep cleaning occurs on a schedule and the day to day duties are routine. Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Keep the building and grounds clear of debris and trash, including cleaning the awnings as necessary.
- Remove sand and weed build up in the parking lot.
- Power wash walk ways and patios as needed.
- Mop the floors of the host stand, dining areas and bathrooms.
- Thoroughly clean the bathrooms daily including polish mirrors & chrome, flush “P” traps, wash down stalls and restock paper products.
- Wash all exterior windows and squeegee dry.
- Dust hallways, hall doors and medals/awards.
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers.
- Work with the staff as needed to remove sand from the roof; move chairs, tables and fencing for banquets and events; keep the loading dock clean and free of clutter.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lift 75 #’s and safely handle items weighing up to 150#’s. Must be able reach, bend, squat. Ability to stand for extended periods on un-padded concrete floors
- High school degree